Sunday, February 28, 2010

Not just a good teacher.....



These are some of the things I have heard people say about Jesus.....

"He was one of the great moral teachers of our time"
"I believe He was a very charismatic individual and a great leader"
"A very great religious leader and someone we can look up to"


Here is what He says about Himself:

"I and the Father are One" John 10:30

"Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?"

And here is what God the Father says about His Son!

"But of the Son He says: "Thy Throne O God, is forever and ever and the righteous scepter is the scepter of His kingdom, Hebrews 1:8 and also, Hebrews 1:10 "Thou, Lord in the beginning didst lay the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the works of Thy hands;"

This puts Him smack dab in the middle of creation! Equal with God!

And of course, there is that empty tomb.....

Jesus said, "Mary!" Turning to face him, she said in Hebrew, "Rabboni!" meaning "Teacher!" Jesus said, "Don't cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go to my brothers and tell them, 'I ascend to my Father and your Father, my God and your God.'" Mary Magdalene went, telling the news to the disciples: "I saw the Master!" And she told them everything he said to her. John 20:16-18

I celebrate with Mary today....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a comment!