Wednesday, February 3, 2010

He delights in you!

He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me. 2 Samuel 22:20


I always wanted to know how I would feel to see ocean but no land. I have always been a bit afraid of open spaces. My heart always drops a bit when I am going around a steep mountain road and it unexpectedly opens into a huge vista. It is a feeling of loss of control, heart in throat, plunging into the unknown.

But not when God is there.....I will never forget taking a cruise and stepping out onto the balcony for the first time and seeing nothing but water. It was a bit like the first time I crept to the edge of the Grand Canyon and looked out, but not quite. It is something everyone should experience once, and it was one the highlights of the cruise for me.

Not the food, or the entertainment, or the beautiful decor of the ship. It was stepping out, just seeing that water. Sea, sky, me and God.

Another thing was the strange sensation of sitting in the room and seeing water rushing by. Ship going one way, water another. It was captivating......walking on deck and seeing the light in the sky at midnight, the splash of a whale's tale rising from the deep; the anticipation of seeing it come closer (that never happened.) The island where the Puffins live, bald eagles in flight landing in their "car-sized" nests.

I fell in love with the clear air and sapphire skies of Alaska....God's creation is really something to behold! A reflection of His love for us. Just imagine, show and tell in the Garden of Eden......"Hey Adam, hey Eve, just wait till you see this!" And not only that, our God loves us so much He actually rejoices over us with singing!

Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."

3 comments:

  1. Wow...that sounds awesome! Literally. I can't wait to take a cruise to Alaska someday. I just found your blog and I love it! Blessings, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy: Wow what a blessing for me! I am checking out yours now, don't you just love the blogging community? Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lori, I started that blog a couple years ago and then couldn't remember the password to get in, so I started another one in Jan. of 2010 and the same thing happened...lol Anyways, I can now get into both of them but don't post much. It is fun for me to find other people here who like to post! : )

    ReplyDelete

Make my day, leave a comment!