Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Steadfast and Immovable



"Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord." 1 Corinthians 15:58

This verse popped into my head during prayer time today and I always wonder what God is trying to tell me when that happens. When I think of being steadfast and immovable I think of these majestic redwoods. I heard His gentle Spirit prodding in my mind and then it went down to my heart, which sparked emotion. So many times, I am anything but. But I want to be.....

Paul is telling us in this verse that we are to be like these trees.....rooted into the rich soil of Scripture, knowing that whatever I do for the Lord is not in vain. If I am praying, seeking Him, listening for His voice, being obedient when He speaks, then I don't have to worry if I am in His will or not.

As I dwell on these trees today my mind may be scrambled with worry over things I can't change and things that may never happen, but let me rest in your promises Lord and know they are true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a comment!