Monday, September 28, 2009

Our first sanctuary


For You formed my inward parts;
You wove me in my mother's womb.
I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works,
And my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;
Your eyes have seen my unformed substance;
And in Your book were all written
The days that were ordained for me,
When as yet there was not one of them. Psalm 139:13-16


Astonishing images from inside the womb produced by new technology show babies apparently smiling and crying. Traditionally, doctors have assumed infants made facial expressions, such as smiling, only after birth by copying their mother.

Looks as if this one is sharing a joke with Mom.

Thank you God for providing me with a perfect place to spend the first precious months of my life, a Holy Sanctuary specially designed by You. Thank you also for taking an interest in me long before I even knew You.

Continuing the Multitude Monday counting of blessings, today I am counting memories.

41. Sharing prayers with my Mom by the fireside when I was having some very difficult times. Hands held, her voice I still hear.

42. Summer trips to Yosemite

43. Setting up camp together so many times

44. The big red tent

45. The Coleman stove

46. The first cup of coffee, carried to meadow's edge

47. Coveting the first warm rays of the sun

48. Hot showers after muscle-aching hikes

49. Food that tasted better than it ever did at home

50. Watching deer quietly and them watching us

51. Laying in the sleeping bag hearing the first bird sounds of the day

52. The sound of tent pegs, squeaking restroom door slams

53. The magical echo off vertical granite walls

54. Changing light of late afternoon, the drawing in of evening

55. Warm fronts, cold backs by the campfire

56. So sad to leave

Count your blessings along with Ann at "Holy Experience"
holy experience

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a comment!