For You formed my inward parts;
You wove me in my mother's womb.
I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works,
And my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;
Your eyes have seen my unformed substance;
And in Your book were all written
The days that were ordained for me,
When as yet there was not one of them. Psalm 139:13-16
Astonishing images from inside the womb produced by new technology show babies apparently smiling and crying. Traditionally, doctors have assumed infants made facial expressions, such as smiling, only after birth by copying their mother.
Looks as if this one is sharing a joke with Mom.
Thank you God for providing me with a perfect place to spend the first precious months of my life, a Holy Sanctuary specially designed by You. Thank you also for taking an interest in me long before I even knew You.
Continuing the Multitude Monday counting of blessings, today I am counting memories.
41. Sharing prayers with my Mom by the fireside when I was having some very difficult times. Hands held, her voice I still hear.
42. Summer trips to Yosemite
43. Setting up camp together so many times
44. The big red tent
45. The Coleman stove
46. The first cup of coffee, carried to meadow's edge
47. Coveting the first warm rays of the sun
48. Hot showers after muscle-aching hikes
49. Food that tasted better than it ever did at home
50. Watching deer quietly and them watching us
51. Laying in the sleeping bag hearing the first bird sounds of the day
52. The sound of tent pegs, squeaking restroom door slams
53. The magical echo off vertical granite walls
54. Changing light of late afternoon, the drawing in of evening
55. Warm fronts, cold backs by the campfire
56. So sad to leave
Count your blessings along with Ann at "Holy Experience"