Sunday, July 19, 2009

Rain.....



In the desert we dream of this kind of rain. Last evening on the drive home from work I saw raindrops on my windshield and said a prayer of thankfulness and hoped for more. When I looked through my moonroof I saw blue sky! Where is it coming from?? This is not the first time I had experienced this, so I was not surprized. I went home with great expectation of a rainstorm to go along with the dust that had just pummled my car down the freeway.

Home....Lightening all around, it is black toward the east, it's coming! We turned out all the lights, the cats were happy in the dark, but wandered from room to room wondering what was going on. We waited, and waited. I threatened to go out and do a raindance. Lightening all around, and the storm seems to have stalled. Exhausted I fall asleep on my bedroom floor watching lightening.

I give up and go to bed. Not long after I hear it! Falling, hitting the roof, the windows, the street. THANK YOU GOD. Rain in the desert is like rain no where else, it is so desperately needed, longed for. I drifted off to sleep thanking God for the miracle.

Isaiah 44:2-4

2 This is what the LORD says—
he who made you, who formed you in the womb,
and who will help you:
Do not be afraid, O Jacob, my servant,
Jeshurun, whom I have chosen.
3 For I will pour water on the thirsty land,
and streams on the dry ground;
I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring,
and my blessing on your descendants.
4 They will spring up like grass in a meadow,
like poplar trees by flowing streams.


Happy Birthday Dad! I am so glad you were born, Love Me

2 comments:

  1. Other areas got rain last night, but all we got was wind. We sure need the rain.
    I asked my husband if he knew of any other AZ bloggers other than ones I told him about. He mentioned that you live in Apache Junction. You are a regular visitor to his blog I believe. Anyway, I was wondering if you knew some AZ bloggers are meeting Thursday at 11:00 at Gooseberries in Phoenix. One of the bloggers, Michele, is moving to Pennsylvania and wants to meet AZ bloggers before she goes. Here's her email if you're interested in getting more info. free2soarhigher(at)aol(dot)com
    I'm looking forward to meeting other AZ bloggers there.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Char, I just made a reply and it didn't go through, so here it goes again. I usually hop over to your husbands blog when I am on mine, I enjoy his insights! I have to work in Chandler on Thurs but wish I could go, here is my email to pass along to Michele and i will take note of hers as well. Lheyd59@msn.com

    Blessings to you! Lori

    ReplyDelete

Make my day, leave a comment!