Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Joy of Being Found


But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed. Luke 5:16

Sometimes, when I am in a forest, I like to hide behind a tree and remember what it was like to play hide and seek. The excitement of being found.........The years fall away and I hear someone say, "I found you!" We all want the joy of being found, that is, by someone we want to be found by.

Today, try being a kid just for a few minutes. Play a game of hide and seek with someone. For those of you without kids it may be a challenge, but you can do it. Let the adult world fall away for just a moment......

Rediscover the wonder of the world. Hide behind a door and close your eyes. Listen to what's going on around you, the sounds of your home. And if there is silence, breathe it in and imagine being found. Count to 50 and hear the voice you had as a child, or remember the voice of a childhood friend, brother, sister, cousin.

Then imagine being found by God.

Imagine, He seeks us. All day, everyday. Just like he met Adam and Even in the cool of the evening. He wants us to find Him, and He's not hiding behind a tree, He's closer than you can imagine:

From one man he created all the nations throughout the whole earth. He decided beforehand when they should rise and fall, and he determined their boundaries.“His purpose was for the nations to seek after God and perhaps feel their way toward him and find him—though he is not far from any one of us. For in him we live and move and exist. As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’ Acts 17:

My niece loves hide and seek now. Sometimes she forgets the rules, she wants you to hide over and over again, and it doesn't matter, to her and to me, it's the joy of the game.
 
I hope I never get so caught up in rules that I lose sight of what God wants me to know. That He loves me, and He loves being found by me, always.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a comment!