Friday, May 4, 2012

Missing her......


I am missing her this morning....that's my post today. This coming week she will be going to the beach with "Papa's Mama" (my Mom) and "Papa" as she calls my Dad, and her Daddy. I heard how excited she sounded on the phone the other night. Sitting here at my desk at work, my heart squeezes and I am trying to keep tears from spilling, and failing. I know how she will shriek when she sees the ocean, just like I used to. She will be jumping up and down on one foot and I know my brother will not be moving nearly fast enough for her.

Wasn't it only yesterday that she left the driveway in her car seat, shortly after she was born? That I collapsed in tears because I knew I wouldn't be seeing her again for awhile? I saw all those moments I was going to miss. It's preposterous, that her next Birthday she will be ten....and I shake my head in disbelief and how fast it all went.

Elaine was feeling much the same way last night......Her niece, and namesake, McKenna was in a school play. I saw and felt the pang of sadness in her voice and in her eyes as the pictures came through, knowing she wouldn't be there to see her perform the part of Charlie Bucket's mother onstage.

They are all so precious and time is flying by way too fast. Everything is monumental in their lives right now, every moment as big as eternity......I wish I could make a big bubble where we could all live close.

All those moments are magic, you know?

I feel unsettled this morning,  like the world is shifting a bit under my feet. The gravity of home was pulling me back. I even kept slowing down in the car, and for me that is unusual. I got to work and found they had moved my workstation. You would think I would be totally comfortable with change by now after being here 16 years.

Meanwhile, there is a little girl named Isabel still missing here in Arizona. She is only 6. I hope and pray she will have another Birthday,  yet after more than one week missing, I feel guilty in thinking there is little hope that she will...... that is a sorrow that I can't even fathom. A bottomless grief.


Today I hold out hope along with her parents, that somewhere she is safe.

Please keep Isabel and her family in your prayers.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a comment!