Sunday, January 29, 2012

This Good Day


Jesus called out to them, "Come, follow me, and I will show you how to fish for people!" Matthew 4:19


We have had a couple days away from everything. And it has been much needed.......the best part?
 
No plan........No schedule......No worries
 
Yesterday I walked along the beach and caught the sun coming up over the city of San Diego....what a gift!
 
Elaine left her Mom with Nephew Mark and to his credit there have been no calls or texts. I know that is because he knows how much stress his Aunty is under and wants her around for a long long time.
 
It is amazing what just a few days can do. So far the whole weekend has felt something like this:
 
Morning sun, morning glories
Pouring down the hill
Through my window I can feel the ocean breeze
Noisy sparrows fill the oak trees
Swallows can't stay still
And in the glad commotion, Lord, You speak to me
If rain clouds come
Or the cold winds blow

You're the One Who goes before me
And in my heart I know
That this good day
It is a gift from You
The world is turning in its place
Because You made it to
I lift my voice to sing a song of praise
On this good day

Fernando Ortega, partial lyric This Good Day


San Diego, California is only 6 hours from Phoenix but it feels half a world away........I thank you God for this marvelous gift and all the beauty you created for us to enjoy.....
 
One more day left.....

3 comments:

  1. Dear Lori~ Praise Him for giving the time you needed. It's time like these that really He can work throughout your spirit to replenish and restore. God Bless :)

    Praying for you and Elaine for continued strength, peace and stamina.

    "Majestic splendor emanates from him, he is the source of strength and joy"
    1 Chronicles 16:27

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting away is a gift from God.

    Be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing your comments are.....love that Bible verse! Lori

    ReplyDelete

Make my day, leave a comment!