Sunday, February 6, 2011

Our first love.......


"Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken the love you had at first." Revelation 2:4

I pray for America today......because I believe she, like the Church in Ephesus has forsaken her first love. This is my country, and I love it, but I fear for it. I think of her birth and how she started out, as a light to other nations, as a gateway to hopes and dreams, but most of all a place that honors God as our Creator and Sustainer. Our forefathers knew where our blessings came from, and it seems we have forgotten.

How could we have fallen this far? How have we become a nation that refuses to shelter and protect the most vulnerable of its citizens, our unborn? We simply do not have that right, no matter how many laws we put on the books.....

How could we even presume to think we can without conscience and consequence take God's creation, soul already completely formed, and remove it from it's safest place?

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. Psalm 139:13

This is not a condemnation of any mother's desperate act, but a nation that has turned away from the value of life, all life. I understand it happens, and I understand the circumstances it takes to get there.
I pray for all who are in that hopeless place today, and I pray that if the decision is made to give life instead of take it, that there will be those waiting on the other side, with open arms of love......

Yet there is hope for our nation, I pray. On January 23rd, 40,000 peaceful pro-lifters from all across the United States marched in the downtown San Francisco Walk for Life.......It barely got a mention in the paper, and they didn't quote how many were there, 10,000 more than last year. Yes, there is always hope!

"Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord. Though your sins be like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." Isaiah 1:18

For a first-hand look at the Walk for Life march go to You Tube and type in Walk for Life 2011 San Francisco, as I watched it, my spirit was uplifted as I saw all those towns represented that I know so well, Modesto, (where I will be headed tomorrow) Sacramento......all whose streets I have walked, including San Francisco where my brother and sister in law lived for years.......My prayers go out to all the people there, who don't know God yet and also the ones who do. I pray this march will have a positive impact and lives will be changed.

2 comments:

  1. We must pray for our Country. For a Country founded on Christian Principals. Now there is a small group who want to take all of this away. We must remember our history and pray for wisdom and guidance.
    Andie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, pray without ceasing, and love. So many are caught in a trap and they have no way of even knowing how to get out.....I pray that America's leaders will one day turn back to the Lord, and may it be sooner than later! Lori

    ReplyDelete

Make my day, leave a comment!