Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Best Prayer


A simple offering of love....
A prayer that says, "I love you, God."
Not for anything You have done, but for who You are.

Sometimes those are the best prayers.

Because isn't that sometimes what you want as a parent?
Doesn't it make your whole day, to have them run up.....
in the middle of whatever they were doing before
just to give a breathless, "I love you....."

How does it feel to hear it and know they mean it?
And something changes within the child too.......
Soul of parent and child expand, connect.

A love reunited from ages past and one that will go on
ages from now.....a precious bloom for His eternal collection.

The Holy Spirit smiles......
We warm from inside out.

"Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy," 1 Peter 1:8

1 comment:

  1. How right you are, Lori. That IS the best feeling -- an unsolicited "I love you" from one of my kids. And you know what, I hardly ever tell God directly that I love him -- I usually say it in a much more round-about way. Thanks for inspiring to use those words directly!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day, leave a comment!