Thursday, February 16, 2012

When God stops teaching you, you better worry

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--Ephesians 2:8

Driving home from work last night I breathed a prayer......"thank you Lord, for getting me through the day." And then another thought, right on the heels of my prayer. Is getting through enough? Is it not dimishing the capacity of wonder in a day to pray that kind of prayer. I do understand it....... I understand that sometimes it is a real accomplishment to do just that, but too often I don't set my sights high enough, I catch myself settling for less, when God wants to give me more.  

I had to apologize......Then I started to count the beauty moments, the grace moments in the day.....I remembered the conversation I had with a brother believer, and in those moments that we sat and shared, a window of Heaven was opened. He reminded me that everything we do, everywhere we are can be a ministry. A moment of opportunity. You see, every month he flies to Houston for his cancer treatments. And though he wouldn't have chosen his present circumstances, he shared how so many times God has placed someone in the seat beside him that needed to hear about what God is going in his life.

Eternity moments. Reflected in each of our days, each one precious, each one a gift.

How can I pray to just get through the day when I know that almost certainly, the sky wasn't just this color yesterday? How can I pray to just get through the day when there is someone waiting to hear what God is doing in my life, what He could do in theirs.

Every conversation has the possibility in it of changing someones life, someones eternity. Of opening a window of Heaven and letting the light spill out.

I do believe that when you are suffering, getting through the day in one piece is quite an accomplishment, but that wasn't the case for me yesterday.

Thank you God, for reminding me of this. For loving me enough to teach me yet another lesson. Thank you for the grace that I walk in each and every moment.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lori,
    Wonderful food for thoughts you have shared with the world this day, Lori!!
    Your wisdom touches my heart in a special way.
    I have been thinking of you, in your loving ways. I am so pleased to have met you in Blogland. I sent an Email saying Happy Valentine's Day, but you did not reply. Perhaps, you did not get it...
    Anyway, I wish to stop by, say hello to you, and breathe your knowledge and wisdom with my senses. I love your wonderful blog, which I'll visit more often from now on.
    God bless you, Lori, and those you love!!
    All the best,
    Poet Starry Dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori-So , so true...thank you so much for this reminder.
    I'm reading "Walk Across the Room," by Bill Hybells. He talks about the moments you described-how we think we may not be in a 'God moment' in a converstion, but if we are just open to hearing His Spirit, we can change someone's 'forever.' I want to be in that spot-ready to obey, ears wide open.
    Love, Debra

    ReplyDelete

Make my day, leave a comment!