Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Afterglow


So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

As years go by I am appreciating more and more, those winding down days after Christmas.......as the activity wanes, the afterglow remains. I still play Christmas music for a few days more.....and reflect on what just passed, and what still  remains of the current year.

I realize that I need not release anything of the magic, for Christ is with us still.

And we have the hope of knowing that whatever happens in the coming year, His precious Holy Spirit strives with us, anticipating every step we take.

Bask in the Father's love today, for I really believe He loves us more than we know.

Without condition.

“The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.” Zephaniah 3:17

1 comment:

  1. In many ways, the pauses after Christmas are the sweetest! With Jesus, every day is Christmas. I still have up my decorations as well. I used to take them down the day after Christmas, but my energy level has afforded me a few extra days of beauty!

    Blessings to you as you walk these remaining days of 2011.

    Peace to you in the new year.

    ~elaine

    ReplyDelete

Make my day, leave a comment!