Sunday, December 19, 2010

Fellowship with the King


 And Mary said:
“My soul glorifies the Lord
and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
for he has been mindful
of the humble state of his servant."

What a great time of prayer I had this morning........a time of precious communion with the Lord in the quiet hours. I got to watch His dawn once more, filling the sky with color. As I opened the door to see the sunrise, I scared a couple of doves that had settled on the rooftop next door, their whistling wings rustling as they took off. 

He has given me 51 years on this earth and I am grateful, more and more, for every minute He gives me. Each one is an offering to Him. Sometimes I confess the offering is frightfully meager but He accepts them anyway. He has given me a great gift, appreciation for each moment, because each one holds an opportunity to tell others what great things He wants to do for us, and what He has already done....

Thank you Father, for your precious Spirit who lives within me and every one who confesses You as Lord. I don't deserve such a gift! You didn't think it was beneath You to come and live in this inadequate imperfect bundle of flesh that is me!

Makes me identify a bit with Mary this morning....

"See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him." 1 John 3:1

2 comments:

  1. This wonderful God waits to hear our voice each morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Bill...what a great family we have, God's family! I hope you are enjoying His rich blessings and the joy of the season! Lori

    ReplyDelete

Make my day, leave a comment!