Friday, August 6, 2010

Taking a little trip......



"Friends, they cherish one another's hopes, they are kind to one another's dreams." Henry D. Thoreau

Since I don't have a picture of myself anywhere on this blog I thought I would post this one. In it is the wonderful lady I talked about yesterday, Pat. (In red) Sorry, couldn't find one of both of us looking into the camera! My best friend and I are heading to California today bright and early to surprise my folks with a visit to celebrate my Birthday. I am sure I will see Pat too because as soon as she hears I am in town she will want to come see me and give me one of her lingering hugs. When she hugs you, she is never the first to let go!

It's always good to touch bases with family and friends, and sometimes you just have to do something spontaneous! I am not really a spontaneous person, I like things planned and scheduled. That is where I am comfortable. But this will be great fun and I can't wait to see the shock and surprise on their faces when we walk up the driveway.

Aren't we a jolly bunch? Best friend Elaine on left, another dear friend Diane, and myself at my Mom's 80th! I picked this one because even though my eyes are closed, this photo makes me smile. We all had a great time that day.....

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change." James 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a comment!