Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My very first blog

This is my first ever post, and after much procrastination I finally made the first foray into the world of blogging. It is my hope that someone reading my posts will give encouragement to others in their walk of faith.

I chose the name "prayer closet" because of the verse in Matthew 6:6 that says, "But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret will reward thee openly. That is the King James version, but I love what Eugene Peterson's message translation does with it, "Here's what I want you to do, find a quiet secluded place so you won't be tempted to role-play before God. Just be there as simply and honestly as you can manage. The focus will shift from you to God, and you will begin to sense His grace."

In His Peace, Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a comment!